https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Sunday 19 March 2017

My first handmade album

Hi guys, I thought I'd be brave and show you a album I have made from scratch, using a lot of stuff in my stash and some of the products from Tracy at Noor design UK,
I went online to see tutorials on how to make albums, page styles, pockets and the way to hinge my pages, I took some ideas off one or two and kinda mixed them up, lol
There are lots of photo's so you may want to get a brew!!! lol
I had some chipboard in my stash so used this as the base of the album, which I then covered with some canvas style stuff ( so technical) I again had in my stash, lol

I then used the adorable paper collection Theodore and Bella by Pion design which I got off Tracy, so love these papers!!!
I took one of the images and made a frame to go around it, adding some flowers from my stash and some fabulous vintage seam binding with a teddy bear charm again from Tracy's shop, the edge trim is a Martha Stewart one,
The little one chipboard came from Monika at Love to create and craft, it also said welcome home in the set too, so I just used some of it,

I added some pearls and lace plus a feather again from my stash,
I used some ribbon, flower and continued the lace round from the front, the metal bronze coloured heart brad came from the latest Sweet Romance collection from Tracy,
I used some waxed white twine from Tracy and added some letter beads I've had in my stash forever,
I have kept the back fairly plain, 
I again used some lace in my stash for the ties to keep the album closed,
Now for the inside photo's
I used one of the adorable images as a pocket, adding a little lace and a doily behind, the lace bow is again from my stash as is the ribbon down the edge, all these came from a local market,
For my next page I made this envelope style holder tied with ribbon....
....So when open, you can add photo's or journaling etc, the gorgeous wooden peg which again came in the sweet Romance kit is only there to help me keep the pages open for the photograph, I really need three hands sometimes, lol

This next page has a strip from the paper onto which I have added a little stamping, the oblong frames behind are from one of the papers and you can pull these out to add photo's journaling etc,

The page opposite has this adorable cute dog paper which I have made into two pockets and finished them off with a M/S punch,

Hopefully your still with me, lol

So this time I made a side opening, again closed with some ribbon from my stash, again on the front is a picture off the papers and I again added a little text off a stamp,

As you can see I again added some stamping then used the adorable dog paper as an open border for something to be placed inside, tags etc, behind is another pocket,

I continued the dog theme on the opposite page just turning back the top edge, this is open on the left edge for a tag etc, behind can be used for a photo etc,

The next page is made using one of the images again as a pocket, 

This page has a flap on the right hand side which opens up, the adorable die for the buckle is a Noor design die I have in my stash, I cut it twice out of card stock and glued them together for added strength, the strap is one of the border strips,
The inside, is a pocket, 
Yet another envelope style opening, again tied with ribbon and lace from my stash, 

The inside has again the paper turned back, and only fixed at the bottom, so photo's, tags etc can be added,

This is the back inside page, using one sheet of the adorable papers, a die cut section for a photo, and a metal corner from my stash,

On a couple of the pages inner sections I have a large tag, for a photo or journaling,
shown below,


I made these out of the papers and  some of the Pion design Palette, so I kept the backs plain for journaling or another photo, a little ribbon works as the tab, as shown below,

Well I'm sure there are lots of mistakes and true album makers will be cringing!!, but I really enjoyed making it, even though it took a while to make, lol
Please let me know what you think but please  be kind!!!! he he
Challenges
Deep Ocean - spots and or stripes

Happy Crafting!!

6 comments:

The Craft Bucket said...

Simply fabulous, love Jane x

Guida Machado said...

So beautiful and sweet, Liz :)
Hugs,
Guida

Gina's Cards said...

Wow, Wow, Wow, you have made such a stunning album! I love this new Pion collection and you have done it justice! I love every page that you have created!
Hugs
Gina xx

Inkypinkydelights said...

This is fabulous Liz! I bet it took you ages! But oh so worth it! Judy x

Jan said...

This is stunning Liz xx Jan

Pamellia said...

Wow Liz, I don't even know where to start with this one! I am totally blown away by the beauty and creativity of this album! The papers are amazing of course, but I really love how you used them to create little pockets and sentiment panels!! All of the added laces and bows and other accents make this a absolute winner, I would never have known this was your first album!! Well done my friend, I am in love with every bit of this!! hugs :)