https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Tuesday 6 June 2017

"Craft Smorgasbord - masking tutorial"

Hi guys, I'm on the Swedish House Crafts blog today as a Guest designer, I made a card using three of the fabulous From Farm To Market Stamps by Magnolia which are available there to Pre-order, links at bottom of my post,
I  have made a farm scene card with a little step by step tutorial for you,


Masking Tutorial:

I used the fruit Stand, Market Tilda with Fruits and the Tractor stamp to build my scene, stamped with Memento ink in London Fog for the masking and Tuxedo Black for the stamped images, sorry that's not shown,


Take Market Tilda with fruits, stamping her onto your chosen water colour paper with Tuxedo Black Memnto Ink, leaving plenty of space for your other images,


Next stamp the same image onto a post it note or similar using London Fog, anything which is removable can be used, fussy cut this image out, then fix it over the top of the stamped one on your water colour paper,


Next take your Fruit stand and stamp the image in Memento London Fog onto your stamp posistioner making sure you place your stamping block into the top left corner of the stamp posistioner as shown below, 

Remove the stamping block and place the stamp posistioner over the top of your Market Tilda With Fruits with the mask on top, at this stage you can move the stamp posistioner around till you get it where you want it, I placed it slightly off centre so the fruit showed on either side of her and between her boots,
When you like where it is, carefully remove the stamp posistioner block and then ink up your stamp again and place it into the top left hand corner of the stamp posistioner as before,


This is what it looks like with the stamping block removed, it is perfectly normal for bits of the Fruit stand image to show on the masking, you can now remove the mask and keep it for future use if you wish, you may also have noticed some of the stamped images is faint, I simply went over these with a Micron pen which will not run with water colours,


At this stage you can of course leave it as it is, but I wanted to also use the Tractor stamp so I again stamped the Tractor onto the stamp posistioner, using the same method as before,


Then I placed it onto my water colour paper placing it slightly up and to the right to hopefully give the appearance of depth, remove the posistioner as before and stamp the tractor in place,


I then added some drawn lines to appear as a ploughed field,


I then drew a paved path and coloured it with my distress inks,


I wanted my scene to have depth so I added some hand drawn/ coloured flowers and hedgerows,




To finish off my card, I added some stamped fruit in her basket and some flowers from my stash,


Well I hope you like my tutorial and will  maybe have a go yourself,
Remember Have Fun!!
Happy Crafting!!

Challenges:
All about Magnolia - Anything goes
Magnolia-licious - Anything goes with option of masking


Click on links below to pre-order


5 comments:

Gina's Cards said...

You have created such a wonderful scene Liz and the flowers are beautiful!
Hugs
Gina xx

Suzi Mac said...

This is such a cute scenic card Liz, love your colouring and masking technique. Thank you so much for joining us over at Magnolia-licious. Good luck!
Hugs
Suzi x

Ally said...

what a lovely scene you created, Liz! Love this wonderful creation of yours, makes me smile looking at it!
xoxo, Ally

Candy said...

Hi Liz,
Thank you for entering our Challenge at Magnolia-licious. You have a great card and a wonderful tutorial for the masking technique for everyone. How nice of you!
Hugs, Candy

Jay said...

Hi Liz, wow what a wonderful scene and fab tutorial. I love tutorials he he! Gorgeous colouring too and loving those little hedgerows and drawn plowed field, path and sky WOW!!!
Have a lovely day!!!
Crafty Cuddles Jay xxx